Timothy G. Berger, MD
Professor of Clinical Dermatology
Department of Dermatology
Dermatology Practice - Mt. Zion Campus
1701 Divisadero Street, 3rd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94115
- MD: Southwestern Medical School, University of Texas, Health Science Center, Dallas
- Residency: Letterman Army Medical Center
- Fellowship: Armed Forces Institute of Pathology
Dr. Berger's faculty practice is focused on complex dermatology and based on referrals from other dermatologists. He is the Director of Clinics for the Department of Dermatology as well as the Executive Vice Chair of the Department and the Associate Director of the Residency Program.
Dr. Berger was recently inducted into the UCSF Academy of Medical Educators; an honor bestowed on those dedicated to medical student teaching in the University. In both 1991 and 2001 he was awarded Teacher of the Year by the UCSF Dermatology Residents and in 1989 he was honored with the Henry J. Kaiser Award for Excellence in Teaching. Dr. Berger has published more than 150 scientific articles, 30 book chapters and 3 books.
- Complex Dermatology
- Autoimmune Bullous Diseases
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases of the Skin
- Skin Diseases of the Tropics
- Photosensitivity Disorders
- Infectious Diseases of the Skin
- Viral Skin Diseases (Herpes, Warts, Molluscum Contagiosum)
- Medical Education
- Web-Based Teaching
- Berger TG, Duvic M, Van Voorhees AS, VanBeek MJ, Frieden IJ. The use of topical calcineurin inhibitors in dermatology: safety concerns. Report of the American Academy of Dermatology Association Task Force. J Am Acad Dermatol 2006;54(5):818-23. Erratum in: J Am Acad Dermatol 2006;52(2):271. VanBeek, Marta J [added].
- Hansra NK, O'Sullivan P, Chen CL, Berger TG. Medical school dermatology curriculum: Are we adequately preparing primary care physicians? J Am Acad Dermatol 2009;61(1):23-29e1.
- Feramisco JD, Berger TG, Steinhoff M. Innovative management of pruritus. Dermatol Clin 2010;28(3):467-78.